Refrigerants, Naturally! for LIFE
Sustainable cooling for Europe’s small food retail stores
The Refrigerants, Naturally! for LIFE project (RefNat4LIFE) aims to promote the uptake of climate-friendly cooling alternatives among end users of refrigeration, air-conditioning and heat pump (RACHP) equipment and servicing providers throughout Europe.
Refrigerants, Naturally! for LIFE (RefNat4LIFE) receives funding from the LIFE Programme, the EU’s funding instrument for the environment and climate action:
- Project number: LIFE18 GIC/DE/001104
- Project duration: June 2019 to December 2021
- Total project budget: 1,656,814 Euro
- Funding from the EU LIFE programme: 55% of the project budget
Ref, Nat! for LIFE is a demonstration project with best-practice elements. It addresses two EU policy priorities:
- Climate Governance and Information (CGI);
- Climate Change Mitigation (CCM).
The project has two main points of focus:
- to increase the uptake of training for service personnel in the use of climate-friendly equipment and alternatives;
- to raise awareness and increase the uptake of climate friendly cooling alternatives in the organic food retail (OFR) sector as a representative of individual retailers (e.g. organic shops, small supermarkets, convenience stores, butchers, bakeries and corner shops).
Refrigerants, Naturally! is a global multi-stakeholder initiative committed to combating climate change and ozone layer depletion. It provides a platform for industry stakeholders to implement positive change in the two fields of natural refrigerants and energy efficiency.
Organisations and individuals who want to actively support natural refrigerants, may join the Association Refrigerants, Naturally!
Refrigerants, Naturally! welcomes the active participation of individual food retailers, supermarket chains, RACHP servicing companies, training providers, system and component suppliers, NGOs and other stakeholders that want to promote the shift to climate friendly cooling.